I've been keeping a list of some of the funny things the kids say so I can blog about it. Here they are!
Mackenzie was going to the bathroom one day and she called me into the bathroom. She said, "Mommy, we need to pray - thank God for toilet paper!" I replied, "well, I don't think we have to do that right now," and she threw it back in my face, "uh-huh, pray anytime!" She has a little book called My Pretty Pink Prayer Purse, it's all about how and when we can pray to God. I couldn't argue with her, so we did, we prayed right there in the bathroom to thank God for toilet paper.
We were eating supper one night, and Mackenzie was singing, "I am special, I am special, I am special". Rylan looked at me and asked, "why is she special?" Without missing a beat, Mackenzie replied, "cuz me cute! You cute too Rylan, and sweet, you sweet."
At the lake this summer, I had worn a new swimsuit for the first time. It was a one-piece with a ruffle on the bottom. When I came outside Rylan said, "Mommy, that is a beautiful swim dress! Daddy, doesn't Mommy have a beautiful swim dress on? If I was a girl, that's what I would wear."
We were at McDonald's one day, and the kids were playing in the play land. Rylan had befriended 2 little girls and they were climbing around together. They were on their way up to the top and I heard him say, "Follow me ladies!"
Mackenzie was dancing around the kitchen one morning, spinning and twirling in her own little world. When she finally stopped, she let out a big sigh and said to me, "Me wish I was ballerina in a forest, for God!"
Rylan had been looking for a specific toy in our kitchen toy drawers. I warned him before he started looking that if he took a bunch of stuff out, he was going to have to put everything back. He said he understood and started looking. Of course he found the item he was looking for on the bottom, after both drawers had been emptied. I told him to get busy picking it all up. He looked at it, let out an exaggerated sigh, then said in his most exhausted, sweetest voice possible, "Kenzie, would you mind cleaning this up for me? I'm too tired to do it." I laughed and him and explained why that wasn't going to happen!
Mackenzie was playing a game on the iPad. After she got an answer correct, the game said to her, "that's right, you're great!" She replied enthusiastically, "I know it!"
1 comment:
Lanae, that is too funny.. great things to record for when they are older... They will roll there eyes perhaps, but it will still be a good memory..
And someday pray thankfulness for toilet paper will come in handy somewhere "away" from home. heehee. who of us hasn't uttered that prayer on a road trip at the truck stop..
Post a Comment