Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fruit-Chia Smoothies

Too many mornings I find myself only having coffee for breakfast but lately I've been having fruit-chia seed smoothies.  They are delicious and very filling.  Here's how I make them:

1 1/2 - 2 cups frozen fruit
This particular one was peaches and blueberries, but just peach or mango is good too.

1 single-serve container greek yogurt
I've been using the mango flavor because it's my favorite and what I had in the fridge.

1 yogurt cup of milk

1 Tablespoon chia seeds

2 scoops of protein powder
We aren't trying to lose weight or anything, but we got this Visalus mix to add some protein to the kids' smoothies since neither of them eat much meat and Rylan doesn't like eggs.  I figure its a good additive to my smoothies and if I use this then I don't have to use any sweetener.

Blend it all up and ta-da - a delicious smoothie!!!

Delicious, filling, and perfect to take on the go!

No comments: