Saturday, February 16, 2013

Craft Of The Week

This week we worked on Valentine's for our project.  One fun thing we did was send "hugs" through the mail to grandparents.   The kids used paint to make handprints, then when they dried I cut them out and taped on a piece of yarn that was as long as their arms.  We wrote a little message and sent them on their way with all our love!



I was in a hurry to get the done, so I forgot to take a picture of the final product.

We gave the kids a new stuffed animal for Valentines's Day.  Rylan had seen this monster at the grocery store a while back and was in tears that day because I wouldn't buy it for him.  I went back the next day to get it and I got a purple one just like it for Mackenzie.  When they got them for Valentine's Day, Mackenzie didn't like hers.  So I took her to the store and she picked out this little dog named Nacho.  Rylan named his monster Mugsy.

We had breakfast for Valentine's dinner and I made heart shaped blueberry pancakes and bacon.  My plan was to make heart shaped hash brown patties, but they didn't stay together.

I also found silicone heart molds in the dollar section at Target so I made red milk cubes to add to their milk - how cute is that?!

No comments: