Friday, December 14, 2012

Streusel Cake

Another Pinterest recipe I found - a delicious streusel cake!  Here's the original site it came from:
http://eatathomecooks.com/2011/09/streusel-cake.html



Streusel Cake

Ingredients:
yellow cake mix
instant vanilla pudding mix
2 tablespoons oil
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk

1. Mix cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, and water together with an electric mixer.
2. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry blender to form crumbs.
5. Sprinkle this mixture over the batter in the pan.
6. Top with remaining batter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool completely.
8. Stir powdered sugar and milk together to make a glaze.  Drizzle over cooled cake.

Next time, I will sprinkle the cinnamon mixture throughout the batter.  It's delicious, but it would be better if the cinnamon layer was more evenly distributed in the cake.  Maybe I'm just anal and want all my bites to taste the same.  But I kinda like how my cinnamon layer in the picture below looks like a mustache. :)

No comments: