Saturday, December 29, 2012

Funny Kids

Some recent funny things the kids have said:

Mackenzie and I were practicing the "th" sound.  She can do it, but always defaults to an "f" sound.  (so thing becomes fing)  Anyhow, she was doing great so I told her she was a rock star.  In her most confident voice she replied, "yeah, I a wock stah!" (we're still working on 'R's')

We were getting ready for bed one night - doing the same routine as always - and Mackenzie was complaining about having to go to the bathroom.  "Dis is the dumbest bedtime I eva hud of!"

In car one day Rylan asked me, "Mommy, in the pledge of allegiance, why do we talk about witches?" I told him I didn't understand so he said, "and to the republic, for witches stand".

I was telling Mackenzie one night that I wasn't feeling very good and since she's been pretending to be a Dr. lately, I asked her how she would make me feel better.  She said she would give me a shot and then sing me a song so I wouldn't cry.

One morning, the kids had been playing together exceptionally well, they had each only had 1 time out for fighting.  About noon I commented on how nice they were playing together and that I was very proud of them.  Rylan responded, "yeah, we've been so good, we've only had 1 time out.  Usually we have like 5 already!"

Rylan was playing with cars and letting them zoom down a track.  He was trying to say first, second, third, but it came out "oneth, twoth, third".


No comments: