Thursday, August 15, 2013

S'mores Bars



I made these last week and they were SO good! Delicious right from the oven all warm and gooey, but also so good when they're cooled and the topping gets a little crunchier.  The recipe was originally posted here.


Smores Bars
1 cup butter, soft
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups marshmallow creme (I used 2 - 7 oz - jars.  Slightly more than 2 cups, but you might as well empty 2 jars)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Beat butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg. Stir in flour, crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Press half in a well greased 9×13" pan that has been lined with parchment paper or foil. (I just buttered the pan well and it was fine) Use the back of a wet spoon to spread the marshmallow creme over the crust. (I didn't know this trick about a wet wooden spoon and marshmallow cream - worked like a charm - but I had to keep getting it wet)  Sprinkle chips over the marshmallow layer. Drop the remaining dough over the top in small spoonfuls. It's totally fine if the filling is showing. Bake at 350° for 30-32 minutes.


No comments: