1. Hallmark Recordable Books - The kids got 2 of these for Christmas from my parents and I love that they get to listen to their grandparents' voices any time they want. It doesn't matter that they are Christmas books, they get listened too all year round.
2. Tupperware cups - These are the perfect size for the kids' little hands and thankfully we got two sets so they don't have to fight over which color they get.
3. Blankies - They both have security blankets and even though we spend some time every now and then to look for them, I love that they have a favorite blankie to cuddle with at night.
Mackenzie actually has 3 blankets, a big one and 2 little tag blankets. I made them when she was a baby, intending to rotate between the two little ones so in case one got lost, the other would still be worn with love and she wouldn't know the difference. But one day in between washings, she got ahold of both and now insists on having both every night. It's been almost 4 years and we haven't lost any yet, so knock on wood, we're doing good!
Rylan got this blanket from my grandparents when he was born and it's always been his favorite, super soft and cuddly.
We got this camera for Rylan for Christmas and he loves it! It takes pictures and video and the best part is the lens rotates, so Rylan can take pictures of himself. You can add accessories (hats, wigs, eye patches, etc.) to your pictures and it's pretty funny. I keep meaning to post some of those pictures, so I will have to do that. Maybe Rylan can start posting on the blog too!
5. Book shelves - A few years ago, I asked my Dad if he could make some bookshelves for the kids and he made these. They are amazing! Even better, he used wood from trees on their farm, where I grew up. My grandma made the canvas part and we love them!
6. Curious George - my favorite kids show hands down. There are shows I tolerate, shows I can't stand, shows that have gotten old, and shows that I enjoy, but Curious George is my all-time favorite. Unfortunately, the kids are not into George as much lately and it makes me a little sad. If I could buy every episode, I would.
7. Dr. Seuss Books - I love rhyming books and all of Dr. Seuss's are silly and enchanting as well. Our current favorite is Fox In Socks. Not only funny, but challenging to get through that tongue twister. I try to go faster each time; doesn't always work, and Rylan thinks it's hilarious when I mess up.
8. Mackenzie's kitties. I bought this little boxed set at a bookstore probably a year ago. It was on clearance, only $1.99, and one of Kenzie's favorite toys. Each kitty has a little book that goes with it, and they're the perfect size for little hands. These little kitties have caused me a little stress as they've been lost a few times and without all four, it's the end of Mackenzie's world. Now my subconscious always knows where these kitties are!





No comments:
Post a Comment