Friday, September 20, 2013

Photo Challenge Day 18: Cool

The cooler weather we've been having has inspired me to start decorating for fall!  I love fall!  So it's kind of a stretch from 'cool' to 'my fall decorations' but it was kind of a crappy day, so I don't really care!  :)

Day 18: cool

I love this - a leaf garland made from dollar store leaves and embroidery floss.

My 'fall' mantle banner made from left over burlap and a free printable that I found on Pinterest.  (It's in my board titled, Bringing Fall Indoors)

My table - garland, candles and vases from the dollar store, placemats from Bed Bath & Beyond.

Acorns we gathered at a local park

My (really dusty) foyer table - popcorn in my hurricane vases, felt pumpkins (and burlap ones below) I made last year.


And this little gem that's my absolute favorite!  This was another free printable I found on Pinterest and I was totally expecting to have to repaint a frame, but I found this awesome one at Goodwill - green mat and all!  I would say it was easy, except getting the back off to take the old print out was like breaking out of Alcatraz!   

 Kitchen valance - It used to be painted apples you can see here, but I wanted more oranges and browns this year, so I pinned these little felt pumpkins on that I got from (where else) the dollar store!  I love the dollar store!

 Dollar store leaf garland on my railing.

And a couple thrift store sweaters and a bag of polyfill waiting to be turned into some awesome sweater pumpkins!

And because I felt really 'cool' doing this today - I took over Mackenzie's art project for the day when she got bored.  Coloring this shirt with fabric markers was pretty therapeutic.

No comments: