Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Best Broccoli Of Your Life

Okay, so I stole the title from the blog where I found this recipe and so far, I guess it's true.  I don't think I've ever had better broccoli.  This is definitely a keeper!

Here's the page where I found the recipe, but it originally came from an Ina Garten cookbook. http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/11/the_best_brocco.html

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was better than biting into a steak like the guy from the blog, but it certainly beat out any other way I've cooked broccoli.

I'll just write the basic recipe, please go read the above post for more tips/details.

This picture is from his site.  (By the time I thought about taking a picture, the whole pan was already gone.)

1. Cut up broccoli into relatively big florets.
2. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a couple cloves of chopped garlic.
3. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
4. Take it out when the edges are turning brown and crispy.
5. Zest a lemon and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it all.
6. Sprinkle with some fresh grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!


The original recipe gives specific amounts of everything for 4-5 pounds of broccoli, but that seems like a lot, so I didn't use nearly as much of everything as the recipe said.  You can certainly eyeball it and it will be just fine.  The original recipe also included toasted pine nuts and basil, but I left those out.

No comments: