Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day Of First Grade

Rylan started First Grade today!  He was so excited to be back at school that his teacher had to remind him to say goodbye to me.  And I didn't cry!  I'm so excited for all the new adventures he'll have this year.  We love you so much Rylan and we're so proud of our First Grader!

His first day of school picture needed to include Ace this year.  

At his classroom door

When I picked him up after school and asked how his day was he said, "It was great!  First grade is even better than Kindergarten because we only had to do 3 pieces of homework and then we just got to play all day!"  I explained that they would probably have to do more than that on other days because they would be learning so much.  Hopefully he doesn't think First Grade is going to be more like Preschool.
He was also really excited to tell me about snack time.  "I had lots of time to finish my snack because our teacher read a chapter book to us.  I LOVE chapter books!"  I think it's awesome that she reads to them during snack and even better that he's so excited about it.  My guy is growing up!

After school, we celebrated with a Cherry Berry treat.  Delish!


Stay tuned - Mackenzie starts her preschool class tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mrs Mar said...

So happy he loved his first day at school. Marlene starts on the 3rd of September here.