Monday, June 23, 2008

Tubing

We spent a gorgeous weekend at the lake and Rylan took his first tubing ride! Nick sat with him on the tube and I drove the pontoon. He LOVED it! I actually ended up going faster than what I would have liked, but with Nick on the tube, I had to go fast enough to get the tube up out of the water so it wouldn't drag so much. However, Rylan is a speed demon, so he was loving every minute of it. There's no speedometer on the pontoon, so how fast we were really going, I'm not sure, but it was about 40-45 rpms; whatever that equals on a pontoon?! We went from one side of the lake to the other to visit the Bakke's and Grandma Mac, but I'm sure Rylan would have gone farther.





And here's an update to our aerogarden. They've been growing less than 2 weeks now. They really shot up over the weekend, so we're excited! I remember them all now too. Thyme, chives, dill, 2 kinds of basil, parsley, and mint. The dill is lagging a little, but it has sprouted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian included your blog link on he and Katie's blog and it was fund to see all your pics! It looks like you're having a ball with the tubing and I'm sure Ryland does like the speed!! We'll be looking forward to your newborn news in a few short weeks!! I'm sure you're all excited!
The herb garden plants are interesting. Did you do those from a kit, or did you just get seeds from the local nursery? Barb's been asking that I grow some basil...maybe I'll give it a shot. Stay cool!!...Brad & Barb

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! We can't wait for little [insert name here] to come! Miss you guys lots, we love that you keep your blog updated! Have a great 4th of July!