Sunday, May 12, 2013

We Were Happy On Mother's Day!

I didn't get pampered, I didn't get a nap, I was still full-time Mom, but Mother's Day was certainly happy for me!  On our way home after a busy morning of Sunday School and church, Rylan announced out of the blue that he wanted to play mini-golf sometime.  Nick's plan was to be in the field planting all day and the kids and I didn't have any plans, so I thought, let's do it!  After a quick lunch, the kids and I headed an hour south for some mini-golf fun.  We've never taken them, and I'm not sure why - we had such a great time!



Rylan got a hole-in-one!  His first time mini-golfing and he did really well!  He's even more excited to take golf lessons this summer.  (yes, he knows the difference between real golf and mini-golf!)

Mackenzie just kind of sweeps the ball along, but she had a great time too!


On this particular hole, you had to first hit the ball into a hole where it fell into some water, then it rolled down a little waterfall and popped out down below where the real hole was.  It took Mackenzie a few turns to get her ball into the first hole, but then when the waterfall spit it out - it went right in the hole, so we called it a hole-in-one for her too!  She was so excited!





I already can't wait to take them back!

Then we went to the zoo.  As always, the little playground is the best part.

I don't take many pictures at the zoo anymore because animal pictures just aren't as much fun as kid pictures.  So unless my kids are in the pictures with the animals, it's not worth it for me.  Places to interact with the animals are the best though!  The goats are usually the perfect spot for that, but today the goats weren't interested in the $0.25 food pellets you can buy.  Weird right?  I've never seen goats NOT clamoring all over each other and often times fighting to get closest to the fence.  But we found that the horse and cow were totally into the goats' rejects.  

I love this cow - he's so calm and sweet.  And it just cracked me up that he would just stick his tongue out and wait for someone to drop food on it.  

Goodbye zoo!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!  Especially to my wonderful Mom and Mother-in-law - love you both!

No comments: