Monday, May 20, 2013

Just A Little Spicy

One of my favorite things to make in the summer is pico de gallo.  I can't wait to have a garden this year so I can grow most of this stuff and make it all the time!

However, I probably wouldn't ever make it if I didn't have this beauty, one of my favorite little gadgets, the Vidalia Chop Wizard!

I really hate chopping veggies, especially onions, so this thing makes it a breeze - love it!

This is one of the few things I make without a recipe or specific amounts - I add ingredients based on how it looks.
Start with roma tomatoes

Add some onion,

lime juice,

cilantro,

and a little serrano pepper.  For this particular batch I think I used 4 tomatoes and half of a serrano pepper.  Nick would probably love it if I used the whole thing, but I'm a wuss and I can't handle that much heat.

I also add a little salt and it's done!  So delicious!

And if you have the pico made, you might as well have some guacamole to go with it!
Just mash up an avocado (or 2),

add a little mayo,

 a scoop or two of pico,

salt to taste, and you're ready to go!  

I love guacamole, but I don't order it at restaurants because it's never as good as when you make it yourself at home.  Bring on summer!


No comments: