A new recipe! It's basically an egg bake in a crock pot! I made it for supper as I'm nervous about having the crock pot on all night without watching it. Not that I'm scared it will burn the house down, but with a new recipe I'm never sure if my crock pot will cook the same as someone else's and I don't want to wreck a huge crock pot of food just because I wasn't checking on it. It was easy though!
Brown sausage and onion
Spray your crock pot.
Put in a layer of hash browns,
a layer of meat,
and a layer of cheese. Repeat those layers.
Whip together the eggs, dry mustard, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
Pour over everything in the crock pot.
Turn that baby on low for 8 hours and then enjoy!
Nick loved it just the way it was and so did Mackenzie. She even had three helpings the first night and surprised herself by liking sausage! WooHoo! It's a springtime miracle!
I thought it was lacking a little, so I added cilantro to my plate - delicious! And so much prettier! Next time I will probably add a little more milk and maybe a few more eggs, I would have preferred it to be a little mushier. Oh and more cheese. The recipe called for 3/4 of a pound of cheese. I have no idea how much that is, so I grabbed a couple handfuls out of my gigantic bag of cheese from the freezer, but it could have used more. I mean really, it's pretty hard to make some TOO cheesy.
But I will definitely make this again - it would be perfect to throw together at night for the next morning when family is staying over. Now that I know how it turns out, I'm not afraid to do it overnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment