Because the kids both took skating lessons this year, they were able to be a part of the annual ice show. The theme was #1 Hits and One Hit Wonders.
Rylan's group skated to "We're Not Gonna Take It".
He did so great and we were so proud of him! When he started lessons, he could barely stand up on skates, but he was out there in the show zipping across the ice and he never fell down!
None of the pictures turned out well because they were taken through the plexi-glass and they had most of the lights dimmed.
Mackenzie's group skated to "Another One Bites The Dust"- what a great song for the preschool group! She made so much progress this year as well. Most of the year, I still had to hold her up or at least hold her hands, so the fact that she went out there and skated by herself was awesome! She wasn't winning any races, but she never fell down either.
I took this picture on my phone, so it's not the best, but look at that smile! She was so excited to perform! She loved watching all the other beautiful skaters and wants to continue so next year she'll be getting a pair of figure skates. I don't have any pictures of Mackenzie performing because I was so excited for her, I totally forgot to take them! She was busy concentrating, but at one point, she stopped, looked up at me, smiled, and gave me a thumbs up before continuing. It was the best!
I'm so proud of both of my skaters! They did so well this year!


No comments:
Post a Comment