We've been busy picking and freezing sweet corn this week, and it's so yummy! I took both kids out to the field yesterday afternoon to pick a bunch and after filling one bag, I realized Mackenzie had lost a shoe somewhere in the field. She was in the backpack carrier so I had no idea where it had fallen off. And I was letting Rylan be the leader, so the path we had taken had no rhyme or reason. It's not a small field either, about 5 acres with long grass all over. It took me 10 minutes, and I had almost given up, but I found the shoe! I also found a binky that I didn't even know we''d lost! We got home and Rylan helped me clean all the corn in the front yard while Nick started cooking, cutting, and bagging it. The weather was perfect, the kids were happy, and we're excited to have so much corn in our freezer!
Me and my corn pickers - Mackenzie kept pulling the tassels off the stalks, little bugger! We joke that she has 20 foot arms, she finds a way to reach EVERYTHING!

My sweet, sweet babies!

The field - not small
No comments:
Post a Comment