Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summertime

We haven't been to the lake much, but that's no excuse for the lack of pictures. I promise I will take more this next weekend. Besides, Mackenzie has the most adorable swimsuit, we need to have a picture! Until then, here are a few from last weekend. Mackenzie had a fun time playing with her second cousin, Caydence.


Trying to make these girls worldly!


Caydence was jealous of Mackenzie's hair, but Mackenzie was jealous of Caydence's teeth!


This weekend at the lake, Rylan and Nick were down on the beach and Rylan was playing in the water. He had his life jacket on (as he always does when he's anywhere near the water) and was having fun throwing rocks in the water. He followed Nick onto the dock to do something when Ace tried to push past him. Rylan lost his footing, grabbed onto Ace and they both fell in the water, Ace on top of Rylan. They both went completely under, but quickly popped back up. Rylan sputtered a little bit, but swam the few feet to the dock where Nick pulled him out. After he was out, he realized what had happened and then started crying, but he was fine. So they came up to the cabin where he needed some Mommy cuddle time. We sat rocking on the patio for a while when he said to me, "Mommy, make me some cheese chips." So that's what I did. Here are the pictures of him relaxing - before, during, and after his cheese chips.


Oh, and now he loves to tell the story about how he and Ace fell in the water together!

The many faces of my sweet baby girl!



Another sleeping picture. I love that little butt up in the air. But I think I'm done taking sleeping pictures. I woke her up after this picture and she had a real hard time getting back to sleep. Bad momma! What's worse is that we had just gotten back from her 1 year check-up so she was tired, sore, and sad from her shots.

Speaking of check-up, she now weighs 17 pounds, 5 ounces and is 28.5 inches long. 50th percentile for height and 5th for weight. My skinny-mini!

No comments: