Monday, July 27, 2009

Night at the Park

First a few pictures from last weekend at the lake. Great Grandma Mac has an awesome tire swing and the kids love it! I was worried that Rylan wouldn't hang on to Mackenzie very well, but he did great and she had more fun than anybody!


Okay, back to the park. Last week, our city hosted a free event at a nearby park for kids. There were free hot dogs, ice cream and lemonade, inflatable games, a magic show by a clown, balloon animals, a kiddie parade, live music, and other stuff. So I took the kids right when it started so we wouldn't have to wait in the lines. This was the first thing Rylan wanted to do. He was the youngest kid in line and I didn't know how he'd be once he got over the first slide and couldn't see me anymore, but as you can see, he loved it! Actually, once he saw me at the end, he turned around and was going to go back, but then realized he couldn't climb back up the slide and had to come out.

In the bouncy castle. It was awesome, they only let 4 kids in at a time, so they had plenty of room to jump and didn't run into each other.
Local cheerleaders were spraying hair for a fundraiser, so I thought, why not. This is what Rylan picked.


He got a lion balloon animal and was so proud of it, but sadly, it popped in the car on the way home. He had a minor meltdown, but I got him talking about all the fun stuff he'd done and it was okay.
And poor Mackenzie couldn't really participate in any of it, but she had a blast watching all the people from the stroller!

1 comment:

Mrs Mar said...

The swing looks fun. Love the pic where she has her toung out.