Monday, June 1, 2009

11 months old!

Wow, she's almost 1! Mackenzie is still growing and learning new things every day. She eats like crazy and loves all food. She will eat everything that Rylan doesn't. Last weekend at Bakke's, she couldn't get enough beer butt chicken, baked beans, rhubarb dessert and ice cream. All her food still needs to be mashed up pretty good because she still has no teeth, but that's fine with me. I've heard that the longer it takes to get teeth, the healthier the teeth will be, but I never knew if that was true or not. I talked to our dental hygenist though, and she said the same thing, so hopefully Mackenzie has good teeth for life. At least I hope she gets teeth at all. I'm starting to think she'll be the first child to never get teeth. But that would save on dental bills too I guess. :)
Her newest thing is standing next to things. She will pull herself up to everything and in the morning, I find her standing up in her crib, it's the cutest thing! She loves all toys and will crawl pretty quickly to get to her favorite ones. She also loves any kind of jewelry, which is why I never wear necklaces any more. If someone is wearing jewelry, she is drawn right to it, trying to get it in her mouth. Everything goes in her mouth, but especially jewelry or other sparkly/shiny things.
Here are some 11 months photos. She's still just a long skinny-mini!



2 comments:

JJ and EJ said...

We are concerned MVJ might be getting hers (teeth) already. : ( Boo!! Oh miss Mackenzie is so cute! I'm excited for when MVJ starts eating real food! : ) When did you start that transition?

Lanae Brown said...

We started rice cereal around 5.5 months, and then fruit and veggies about a month later. When you start, it might seem like she'll never get the hang of it, but be patient, all of a sudden, she'll get it. Good luck with those teeth! No fun!