Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Mexico

At home, Mackenzie only sleeps in her swing, so I was thankful we had this hammock in Mexico for her. Every day, this is where she napped. Looks pretty comfy right?



Mackenzie and Grandma

The view outside one of our windows. Not bad!

Rylan and Daddy napping. They don't just look alike, they sleep alike too!


So comfy in the swing.


Playing with the golf ball game.

The little crab Rylan and I found. I should have washed him off so we could see him better, but he was pretty cute anyway. It was about 2.5 inches long.

"Cheese!" Posing by the ocean while he was still clean and dry!

He loved running in the water. He actually loved the ocean a lot more than I thought he would. One thing he loved to do was squat down and let the waves knock him over on his butt. He actually got flipped a few times when a big wave came him, and Nick was right there to pick him, but he never cried or anything. Great, he really is a dare-devil!


After one of the naps Mackenzie and I took together, she was so happy and cute, we had a little photo shoot in bed.




Rylan and his girlfriend, Kailee. Kailee is Brian's neice and Rylan was smitten right away! Whenever she was around, he wouldn't leave her side. Thank goodness she didn't mind! They had a great time together, and he really was having fun in this picture, he just didn't want me to take it.

I know what the commercials say, but I'm not so sure happy cows come from California. These cows look pretty happy roaming the beach in Mexico!

One day while both kids were sleeping at the same time (miraculously!) Nick and I took a 4-wheeler down the beach to find the live sand dollars someone else had come across. I had never really thought what live sand dollars would be like, but they were so cool. Here is what they look like in the sand. You can barely see the shape of their holes underneath the sand. The spot where we found them, there were hundreds of them, it was really neat!

The underside, furry and moving!


Burrowing back into the sand.


One of the many beautiful sunsets

My smiley girl!

Rylan and Jack - I love that 'cheese' face!


Cheers!


Coconut milk, mmm, tasty!

1 comment:

DandeLion Soup said...

It looks like you all had such a fun time there. Where in Mexico were you? It looks very kid friendly. Josh and I are hoping to take a very warm vacation next year and that just looks like such a fun place :). The pictures that you post of your kids are so great!They are both beautiful kids and they are each about 6 months older than mine. It is fun to see pics of your kids and imagine where mine will be in 6 months. Thanks for posting adorable pics all the time. And thank you for the adorable outfit for Leah. A proper birth announcement and thank you card will be in the mail in the next month or so. As soon as I get some time :)