Monday, January 21, 2008
What a long weekend!
So you know that I have been battling a nasty cold this past week and I took Thursday off from work because I felt so crappy. I felt better and went to work on Friday, but then Saturday I felt like crap again. My parents were on their way up to spend the weekend with us because our daycare had today (MLK Jr. day) off and they were going to watch Rylan today. Well Saturday morning, Rylan was kinda crabby and just not himself and then around 10am, he threw up all over me. Other than newborn spit up, he's never thrown up like that before! He was much better after that, so I figured something he ate just didn't agree with him. When he woke up from his nap, he had diarrhea everywhere. But he was still acting normal, so I figure his stomach bug was working it's way out. He continued to have diarrhea, but was eating fine and drinking lots of fluids, so my main concern was his buns, he's so sensitive and I didn't want him to get a rash. So we kept an eye out for everytime he pooped and changed him right away. His butt was starting to get red, so I was worried that he would poop during the night and he would sit in it. He was sleeping when I went into his room to check him and set out extra sheets and jammies in case he needed a change during the night when all of a sudden, he starts throwing up in his crib. It was everywhere, I didn't really know what to do, so I took his jammies off in his bed and carried him to the bathroom. Thank goodness my mom was there, because like I said, he'd never thrown up before so I was glad that she helped me out. We got him cleaned up, the sheets changed in his crib, and he was back sleeping. After that, I decided to sleep in his room to make sure he was okay. I ended up changing 2 diapers during the night and 4 sets of sheets from him throwing up even more. Sometime after Rylan has thrown up again, I begged God to take his sickness and give it to me instead. There's nothing worse than seeing your baby sick and you can't do anything but clean them up and comfort them! We both ended up sleeping pretty well from 5-7:30, so that was good, but I hadn't gotten much sleep during the night. He seemed much better on Sunday, but with my cold and lack of sleep, I was still feeling pretty crappy. I was able to get a few naps in with Nick, my parents, and my brother here to help out, so that was good, but then my stomach started to churn. By 6:30pm, I was throwing up every 20 minutes. And it was violent throwing up too. I can't remember the last time when I was that sick. By 10:30pm, it had tapered to only every hour, but that continued through the whole night. 7:30am was the last time I threw up and I have been on the couch all day. Again, thank goodness my parents and my brother were here because I was worthless today. They took care of everything, cooking, cleaning, all of Rylan's needs, it was wonderful! I can't say enough how much I appreciated them being here. I really hope none of them get sick from us! I love you guys! The good news is, I'm feeling better and I had a little chicken soup for dinner. I will not be going to work tomorrow though either, I'm too weak. I don't have much energy and all the muscles in my neck and chest hurt from throwing up, but I think I'm on the road to recovery! So for now, I'm working up the energy to drive to school tonight to get stuff ready for a sub. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining about any of this because I asked God for it and I believe he heard and answered my prayer. Rylan has not had any diarrhea all day and is back to his normal self. That's all I want!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment