Thursday, April 21, 2016

Easter at the Ranch

After Big Sky, we headed to the Ranch for Easter.  We took the Enchanted Highway and stopped at all but 1 sculpture.  (Nick didn't want to stop at first, so we missed the first one)  Mackenzie didn't want to get out, so I figured just Rylan and I would have our picture taken at each spot.
 But as we got out of the car, I saw that fence right there and I just had to jump it, like the deer!

Rylan obviously couldn't clear the fence, so he started on the top.  I was pretty proud of myself that I did it in wedge boots and never fell down!


After that, I decided we needed to do something interesting at each stop.  Mackenzie got on board at the second stop and decided to join us.  It took us extra time, but we had so much fun replicating each scene.

Laughing so hard!

Get it?  We're rubbing our legs together like grasshoppers!

Our best fish faces

We had to jump like fish too!

You can see how big the sculptures are here - they are all this big, and so neat!

We had so much fun!

Good old Teddy!


I actually got Nick to set up the tripod for this one so he could get in on it as well!  Our best effort to pose just right!

And then the kids wanted their picture with grass in their mouth.  Goofballs!

Grandma and Grandpa with the bunny cousins!

Ella Bella

The spine we dug out of the river bank.  Katie spotted something so we started to dig and found this!  We were hoping it was a dinosaur, but the bones weren't fossilized, so it was probably just a bison.  It was buried about 6 feet down though, so it still had to be pretty old.

Katie and Merrilee set up another epic Easter egg scavenger hunt for us again - it was so much fun!
The hunt took us about 2 hours and covered more than 20 acres of land.  We had to solve clues to find the next location and some were pretty tricky!

The plank to get to Gilli-gander Island to find a clue.


The teams:
Mackenzie and I

Nick and Ty

Randy & Rylan

Brian & Ella


 Lining up just right between two points to find the next clue.

WINNERS!  Despite the lead switching numerous times and teams getting ahead or falling behind - we all ended up at the last location at the same time and Mackenzie and I were first to find the egg!

The crew

The masterminds of the whole thing!

In the morning while the egg hunt was being set up, the rest of us went antler hunting.

It was a success, we found some good ones!

What a great week we all had together!

No comments: