One Pan Fettuccine Alfredo
Ingredients
- 8 oz of uncooked, dry fettuccine
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- one clove of garlic, peeled
- 2 cups of freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Instructions
- Combine cream, water, butter, salt, pepper, garlic clove, and pasta in a pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir.
- Reduced heat to a low simmer and cover.
- Let pan simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pan from heat, remove garlic clove and stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Apparently the key is to use freshly shredded parmesan, which I had never done before. I bought a 5 oz. block and it was almost exactly 2 cups when I shredded it. It really was so good, I wouldn't dare try it any other way. We added pieces of chicken we cooked on the stove and it was the perfect meal. We tried it another night adding peas and I didn't like it as much, I would rather eat the peas separately. Give this recipe a try, it really doesn't get much easier!

No comments:
Post a Comment