While visiting my parents we headed to Omaha for a day to hit up the Henry Doorly Zoo. It was one of the best zoo's I've ever been too! We were there all day and didn't see it all. It was a overcast day with occasional sprinkles, but it turned out to be perfect - not too hot and sunny and there were plenty of indoor exhibits to see while it was raining.
First stop was the indoor jungle - perfect for my two monkeys!
Mackenzie was the map reader. She walked around with that map telling everyone where to go like she was the tour guide, it was hilarious!
The butterfly house was so cool - I couldn't believe how many butterflies there were!
Taking a break with grandma in the insect house - she was getting tired and I was doubtful that she would make it, but we mentioned ice cream and she got a second wind and managed to stay awake the whole time.
With grandpa on the butterfly bench
There is an amazing aquarium there too. This was one fish I thought was pretty cool.
The world's largest indoor desert is at Henry Doorly - and when we first walked in I thought we'd be disappointed, but it ended up being one of my favorites. Especially underneath the desert - there was the Kingdoms of the Night exhibit - the world's largest nocturnal habitat. The bat cave and swamp were so cool! Obviously you couldn't get good pictures walking around in the dark, but this beaver was busy eating right next to us, so I snapped a photo of him.
They have an amazing gorilla house too, but my only pictures were of my kiddos.
Of course the highlight for Rylan and Mackenzie was the carousel.

No comments:
Post a Comment