Saturday, November 3, 2012

Recent Recipes

I've tried a few new recipes lately - and they were pretty good.  The first was Spicy Tuscan Soup.
You can find the recipe here.  It calls for spicy sausage, but I just used regular pork sausage so it was a little bland, but I'm excited to try it again with some different spices.  


The next recipe I made was Stuffed Shells with Sausage and Spinach.
You can find this recipe here.  These were pretty easy to make and they were delicious.


I also found a pin on Pinterest that claimed to be the seasoning used for Taco John's potato ole's.  That piqued my interest right away so I mixed the ingredients together and sprinkled it on some tater tots.  It wasn't quite the same, but it was still pretty good.  However, when I used the mixture on some chicken to make fajitas, it was awesome!  Nick wished it had been a little spicier, but I thought it was just right.  Here are the ingredients:
4 teaspoons Lawry's seasoning salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I think I will always keep this mixture in my spice draw - a great mexican seasoning to add to lots of recipes!




No comments: