During last school year, I kept pretty much everything the kids brought home - artwork, writing, awards, projects, etc. I have a drawer in the kitchen with a Rylan pile and a Mackenzie pile. Everything got stuffed in there and I didn't have to think about it. The first week of school this year, I took it all out and was really surprised at how much was stuffed in there! I started sorting and threw a lot out, but kept a lot as well. I still had two pretty big piles of stuff for each kid - now what? Then I remembered a tip from Nick's cousin, Jessica - she told me she had taken pictures of her kids' artwork and made a photo book. Well that's right up my alley, so I started taking pictures and went straight to Shutterfly. Here's what I made!
The first half of the book is Rylan's art, the second half is Mackenzie's. The pieces aren't to scale, but that's okay.
I chose a simple black book style and I think it looks great.
I kept special awards and samples of Rylan's writing, but those papers are easy to store. With this book, I get to keep the memory of all their artwork without all the actual stuff cluttering up a drawer or cupboard. And let's be honest, if I kept all the individual art, would I ever take it out and thumb through them? This is such a better option! Thanks for the idea Jess!
No comments:
Post a Comment