Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wild Wild West Part 3

The hunters: (back row) Curly, Tucker, Cooper, Chad, Mackenzie, Randy, Brian, Mike (front row) Nick and Rylan

Mackenzie didn't actually go along on any of the hunts, but she couldn't be left out of any photos! I didn't hunt this year, but I enjoy pheasant hunting as long as it's nice weather because I love the exercise, the beauty of nature, and sharing Nick's favorite hobby, but I really like to watch Ace doing what he loves best. He is such a good bird dog! Rylan went with on a few of the walks and he loves being out there with Nick. I look forward to doing this as a family when the kids get bigger.

One afternoon, we brought snacks out to the guys in the field and discovered the keys had been accidentally locked in one of the trucks. They tried real hard to get it open, but ended up having to go back to the house for the extra set of keys. During that time, the kids had a blast shucking corn off the cobs we found in the field.

Safety first!

Helping Grandpa get the bonfire ready

A beautiful sunset in beautiful country.

No comments: