A couple years ago I decided I wanted to learn to sew. I had never done any sewing other than in Home Ec. class in middle school. So Nick got me a sewing machine for my birthday and it sat on a shelf for a couple months before I got the courage to try something new. I know, dumb that I asked for it but then took so long to get started. Anyway, I've really enjoyed learning and trying new projects. Sewing was one thing I looked forward to doing more while being a stay-at-home Mom, and I've been on a little sewing frenzy lately. Here are the little projects I've done.
I hemmed a pair of pants for Rylan.
I patched the knees of another pair of Rylan's pants.
I fixed a ripped seam in Mackenzie's sweatshirt.
And then I went a little crazy making baby tag blankets. I love giving these as gifts, but I usually don't make one until a baby is born. I buy fabric and it just sits in the cupboard. So I tried to use up little pieces I had left to make a bunch of these to keep as inventory. They are all about 18x20" in size and all have flannel on one side and super soft minky dot fabric on the other. One of the first tag blankets I ever made was for Mackenzie and she still sleeps with it every night. Here are the blankets I've been working on.
The last two look the same, but they aren't. The left one is patches of the elephant fabric and light blue stripes(which looks sold white). That one has a solid blue minky back. The one on the right is patches of green and blue minky with the light blue striped flannel on the back. I love how the patched ones look, but they are more work so I only do those to use up remnants that I have.
My next project is a poodle skirt for Mackenzie for Halloween, then I'd like to try using a pattern to make a dress or something. I've never used a pattern so we will see how it goes. I watch a lot of YouTube videos for learning techniques and tips, but I'll probably need a pattern for a more difficult project. Stay tuned!
3 comments:
PERFECT!! You are awesome Lanae!! Do you sell the taggies? I'd totally buy a few! (Shh, don't tell my Mom!)
I'll tell you which ones are my favs, but seriously, don't feel like you have to save them for me! I'm thinking right now I'd like one girl one and one boy one : ) but by then I might know of more preggers! : ) I like the one on the right in the top picture and the one on the left of the last picture. : )
So fun! I love to sew too, and really wish I had more time to do it. Pants are really easy to make, and I've done a dress too that wasn't too hard. Be sure to post pics of the clothes you try!
Post a Comment