Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ahhh

That was my sigh of relief heard loud and clear this past week as it was the first official week of summer for me! And also my first week of retirement! I resigned from teaching and I get to just be a mom now for as long as I want. I'm loving it! No more grading papers, no more trying to differentiate lessons, no more whiny students and no more enabling parents. Okay, so I only listed the negatives. Also no nice, hard-working students, no supportive parents, no having that fun relationship with kids, and also, no more wonderfully awesome colleagues, whom I will miss very much. So it's a little bittersweet, but I'm so excited to be able to devote myself full-time to my family.


I have a bunch of pictures to share, but I no longer have my beloved MacBook, so I'm still getting used to my iPad. I think I got the right attachment to use with my camera though, so hopefully tomorrow I will get pictures uploaded. We have been having a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Congrats on becoming a full time mommy!! I love staying home with the kids (most days) although I do miss working sometimes! I hope to see you and the kids sometime when we come to GF to visit Laurie B. and Joe's family since we are now back in ND! I have enjoyed following you on your blog!

Lorinda said...

Wow, how exciting to be RETIRED... That is great news for you and your family.. God has blessed you greatly to be home. You will find a way to use that teaching talents at home and in a way to serve others, that I am sure of.
Love ya Lanae

JJ and EJ said...

CONGRATULATIONS LB!!! That's so awesome that you get to be a SAHM! *Jealous*