Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I know I've been really terrible at blogging lately, but I don't want to bore you with all the mundane details of our busy life. I feel like I'm in this cycle of work, cook, clean, play, sleep. Day after day, that's what I do. However, I've been home the last few days taking care of sick kids so I've had time to think of a new blog topic. Here are a few of my favorite things right now.

Heated floors! We've only had them on in the bathroom once so far, but it was heavenly!

Chocolate cake - need I say more? Add ice cream and fresh raspberries and it's perfect!

Morning coffee - yes, I'm an addict now. I need my coffee or I get headaches.

The Twilight Series. I was skeptical about vampire books, but I caved and started reading the first book last Wednesday and I'm already half-way through the second one. Nick and I rented the first movie this past weekend after I had finished the first book and I was a little disappointed, but movies are never as good as the book. I'm thoroughly enjoying this unlikely love story.

Sleep. Yes, I took a picture of our messed up bed - it means I slept well. And I love this bed!

My new lip gloss my beautiful, wonderful Aunt Jennifer sent me to try. I love it so much! (an order will probably be coming your way Jennifer!)

The radio station I listen to all the time, Life 97.9. It's a Christian music station and I love it because I don't have to worry about my kids hearing inappropriate lyrics or material in the car. And in the mornings when I'm usually rushed and a little frazzled, it calms me and gives me encouragement to get through the day without stress.

There you go, the simple things that make me happy during the day. Of course, it goes without saying that Nick, Rylan and Mackenzie also make me happy during the day. Things that I particularly enjoy about my wonderful family are:
-Nick's hugs and kisses goodbye and hello when he goes to and comes from work.
-Rylan randomly telling me he loves me throughout the day.
-Mackenzie's enthusiastic kisses at bedtime.

4 comments:

Shyla said...

I too, was very sceptical of the Twilight novels, and instantly got hooked on them. The movies are always a dissapointment to me. And another little tid-bit, when we were working for M.D. at Concordia was when I got hooked on reading the Harry Potter series. Currently, I'm hooked on the "The girl..." books. Just finished "The girl with the dragon tatoo" book and after initially disliking it, it completely grew on me and now I have to start reading the other books by that author.

JJ and EJ said...

Cute post! I may "steal" it down the road! Chocolate cake..... yuuuum! Totally breezed through Twilight when I was preggo with MVJ. JJ teased me the whole way through but they're addicting! I LOVED 97.9... miss it! We have K-LOVE and Air 1 (alternative Christian, which my hubby appreciates). K-Love has grown on me but it's not Life... : )

Hoffman Family said...

Lanae, I too love listening to a Christian radio station in the car and at home... on those super hectic mornings, I sit and listen to it on my 35 minute commute and sip my coffee (also a must have in my life)! Hope you are well! Your new house is beautiful!

Lorinda said...

Love this post!