Monday, October 19, 2009

Busy Day

Today was a busy day. The morning was hectic and it didn't help that I wasn't prepared the night before. I try to pick out all our clothes, get the diaper bag ready for daycare, and have my school stuff ready to go. I had done none of that, so when Nick had fed the kids breakfast and announced he was leaving, I went into slight panic mode, because I had a lot to do and not much time to do it in. After a few threats to leave Rylan home if he didn't get his shoes on, we made it out the door and I even made it to work on time. WooHoo!

It was a good day at school, but it was busy and I just felt like I was rushing the whole day. After my last class I had to rush to pick up the kiddos and get Mackenzie to her eye Dr. appointment. We just had a check up and all is fine. I'm not sure what he was looking for, but he did something and could tell that she doesn't need bifocals so that's good. We got her glasses adjusted so they sit a little closer to her face and also got her new lens put in. (Oh yeah, big scratch right down the center already - thank goodness for a warranty!) She did great and Rylan was perfect the whole time, so we went to the park right after. It was a balmy 53 degrees out today so we had to take advantage of the nice weather! We hit up a new park I've been meaning to go to, and we had a blast. It was the most relaxing part of the day and I'm sad it's going to be cold and wet the next few days. After the park, we went to Target to get a few things and it was not a good time. Rylan wasn't horrible, but just real whiny. He was hungry though, so I don't blame him. He wanted to ride in the back of the cart but he kept standing up trying to grab at things he wanted so after trying to ignore him and calmly saying no with every request, I stopped the cart, looked him right in the eye and said, "no, we're not getting any cookies, now sit down." Without thinking, I let out a big sigh and the lady we were approaching in the aisle looked up at me sympathetically and said, "I remember those days, hang in there." It made me laugh and actually made me feel better. It helps to know you're not the only one! We made our way home, had supper, and played/watched VeggieTales together. It was a nice end to a busy day. My beautiful children are now sound asleep and I am heading there shortly.

No comments: