I love to eat, but I don't really like to cook. Nick has done a lot of the cooking in our house, but now that I've been home this year, I have done a lot more, but I still don't enjoy it that much. Anyhow, so the other day, it was odd that I got excited to make a lasagna. Now I've only made one other lasagna in my life and it was a recipe with spinach and seasoned turkey sausage or something. It must not have been too great because I haven't made it again. So I decided to make a simple burger, spaghetti sauce, noodles, etc. recipe and by the time it was done, it smelled so good and I was really excited for it. After a few bites, I asked Nick what he thought, because I really liked it. And then those dreaded words... "It's good, but I like my mom's better." *slight heart drop* Not that I'm offended, because his mom is an awesome cook and overall, I like her (and my mom's) cooking better than mine too, I just so wanted him to tell me that it was the best he'd ever had! Oh well, next time right? And to my defense, our recipes are just different. Her lasagna has brown sugar in the sauce so it has a sweet taste. Mine had garlic salt in it.
More than anything though, it made me realize that I hope that Rylan will say that same thing someday. At least think it anyway. :)
3 comments:
ouch, Nick.. I feel your pain sista.. it's hard to have moms-inlaw who are Martha stewart that our loves come from.. Keep at it and ask for those secret ingredients to use from those who'd know.
Awww man! I totally agree -- even if he thinks it, out loud he should tell you how absolutely phenomenal it is! : )
P.S. I love the new photo at the top of your page! Supercute!
Nick Nick Nick NIck Nick. He has got a lot to learn. We made your spinich lasagna and loved it.
Post a Comment