Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

It's my new favorite holiday! Obviously I've been a mother for three years now, but this Mother's Day really felt special. Maybe it's because Rylan can actually tell me Happy Mother's Day and now spontaneously tells me that he loves me, or maybe it's because there is so much more love with two kids. In any case, it really struck me how blessed I am to be a mother and how awesome it is to have my kiddos. The special-ness started on Saturday night when Mackenzie and I attended our church Mother-Daughter banquet with Nick's Grandma Mac and Aunt Patti. It was kind of a long evening, but the food was great, the speaker was great, and best of all, Mackenzie was perfect the whole time! We even won a prize because she was the youngest one there! I think it was so special because I have fond memories of going to Mother-Daughter banquets with my mom and grandma and I'm so excited I get to make those memories with Mackenzie.
Sunday we had a wonderful day! I got to sleep in while Nick got up with the kids and made blueberry muffins for all of us, then we all went to church on a beautiful sunny morning. I had a proud mom moment in church too - Rylan went up for the children's message all by himself and sat there with the other kids so perfectly and then came right back to us smiling. He was so cute and looked so grown up!

After church we went out to eat with Grandma Mac, Tom and Patti. We then came home so Kenzie could take a nap and Nick, Rylan, and I did some yard work and played in the back yard. When Mackenzie woke up, we all went to a local greenhouse and got some plants for the garden we're starting this year. I have yet to plant them because it's been raining and Nick needs to till our plot a little bigger. The whole day was just so relaxing and sunny and enjoyable, it was awesome! I think I'm still on a little high from it all, I just love being a Mother!

I only have two pictures from the weekend - from the banquet.
Patti, Me, Mackenzie, Grandma Mac

Mother and Daughter!!!!!

2 comments:

JJ and EJ said...

So -- did you get diamonds or circles??? ; ) Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day/Saturday banquet! I can't wait until MVJ can tell me she loves me and do big kid things like Rylan... or maybe I can... one stage at a time, right? : )

Lanae Brown said...

Haha! No, I didn't get diamonds or circles, I got a new phone! It's what I had asked for, so it was perfect!