Without going into all the dirty (literally) details, he has been doing great over the last few days and I think this is the real deal! He has pooped on the potty 3 times now, and told us that he has to go, so that's huge! He's been wearing underwear and I'm committed to stick with the underwear and just clean up the messes so we can't turn back. I know there will be accidents, but it feels like he just gets it now and I'm so excited and so proud of him. He's so dang cute sitting on that potty and even more cute with underwear on his little butt! Here's a picture of my favorite ones.

Oh, and this kid doesn't forget anything! Weeks ago, I told him that when he pooped on the potty I would get him a little cake and we'd have a potty party. So what does he remind me of today? Yep, he gets a cake. So off we went to Target to pick out a special cake. Despite my efforts to pursuade him to pick the carrot cake (because that's what I was really craving) he picked red velvet. And what kid wouldn't, a red cake with chocolate chips on top looks way more appealing! It was a good choice though, it's very tasty!


Oh, one more story. On our way to Target, he suddenly told me he had to go potty. So I asked him to hold it and we would go right when we got to Target. We went right to the bathroom and he did go, but his undies and pants were just slightly damp, which was good because that meant he had started to go, but then was able to stop knowing he should go in the potty. Anyhow, so when we got home, I was changing his clothes and I asked him if he had an accident. He said yes, then looked down at his pants and said, "goll dang-it". I think he gets funnier every day!
Yay for potty progress!

1 comment:
Wow, he's doing great! I love his training pants. I keep saying the same thing about Emily's bum, that it's so cute in her panties! I guess it's just a nice change from that bulky diaper.
Post a Comment