
As for her physical development, she can sit up by herself and loves to play with her toys on the floor. She loves to rock back and forth on her hands and knees, but still hasn't figured out how to move forward. She especially loves toys that rattle, have tags, have texture, or just has a good end to chew on. She loves to look at books, but Rylan is having a hard time with this. He still views all the books as his and he doesn't like when she has one. The toys aren't an issue, because he doesn't remember the baby toys being his so she has her own toys, but books are different. We're working on that. :) She is still just a little peanut, only about 16 pounds. She's in the 10th percentile for weight and 60th for height, so it looks like she'll be tall like her momma!


Mackenzie will eat anything you give her and she hasn't turned up her nose at anything, peas, carrots, prunes, she'll eat it all. She LOVES the little cereal puffs we've been giving her and is getting really good at picking them up with her thumb and forefinger to get them in her mouth. We have to monitor this closely though, because Rylan will sneak by and steal them off her tray! She prefers thicker food, and even though she still has no teeth, is good at chewing with her gums.




We got her ears pierced!!!! We had talked about it when she was about 4/5 months old, but she had just started pulling on her ears alot so I figured we would have to wait a couple years, but she hasn't been touching her ears at all lately, so with some persuasion from Grandma, we went for it. She cried for about a minute and I felt terrible, but she was smiling again before we left. She hasn't touched them at all and is really good when I clean them. You have to admit, they are just adorable! Now there's really no mistaking her for a boy!
Just a quick snapshot of Rylan. To show our love for Fargo, we doned our bison-gear yesterday (much to Nick's chagrin). I had a Bison sweatshirt on too, but I hadn't taken a shower at this point yesterday so trust me, you didn't want me in the picture!

1 comment:
Oh my gosh, she is so cute! She has so much more hair than she did in Mexico! And I love the earrings - how fun. She is getting so big; I can't believe she's 9 months already. I'm glad she's sleeping so well - there is light at the end of the tunnel around here. :) Hope all is well -we're thinking of you guys with all the flooding - it sounds like you'll be okay. Scary times for those in Fargo though.
Take care,
Renee
Post a Comment