So here it is, midnight, and I'm still up with Mackenzie. Lately the latest she's up is 10:30/11. She's refusing to sleep in her crib! She has to nurse to sleep, which takes 10 minutes tops, then I sit here a while to make sure she's out, but when I put her down, she wakes up and of course cries. So now she's nursing again, but obviously isn't hungry because she's letting it all run out of her mouth, nice. I'm extremely tired and losing patience.
Rylan on the other hand is feeling better, but he refused to take a nap today so we had a cranky little boy this evening and he went to bed early, about 7:45. He went down just fine but at 9:30pm (the first time I thought Mackenzie would go to sleep) he woke up crying. Nick went to check on him and he was drenched in sweat. Nick got him cleaned up and tried putting him back to sleep, but he only wanted mommy. So I tried to comfort him, but nothing. He cried for another 15 minutes while I tried everything. He said no to every question I asked him and was just beside himself. I figured there must be something hurting him until, as a last resort, I asked if he wanted to watch Nemo. The switch was flipped and he was fine! So, we watched the first 15 minutes of Finding Nemo when I successfully convinced him it was bedtime again. Thankfully, he's still sleeping, but I just know that once she goes to sleep, he'll probably be up again. I NEED SLEEP!
Why is it that it can't just be one child at a time, it has to be both of them. And conveniently for Nick, they both need me. He can't do a thing. At least one of us will sleep well tonight.
1 comment:
yep - you the mommy - are sleep deprived... and the little darlings are just having a few bad moments in the midst of it! SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP and let Nick handle the pepriphery.. they won't melt if mommy doesn't answer there every demand! trust me on that one..
love ya!
Post a Comment