Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Finally!

So I'm finally getting around to putting an update on here. I get on the computer quite a bit, but it's when I'm nursing, so I have to type one handed, and I didn't want to do a lot of typing that way. Anyhow, things are starting to settle down around here. Last week was a whirlwind! Between hormones, pain, no sleep, and a frustrating little boy, I did a lot of crying. We had a relaxing weekend at the lake though, and now that I'm healing, Mackenzie and I are sleeping more, and Rylan is getting used to it all, we're all doing much better. I think our biggest mistake was making a big deal about Mackenzie to Rylan. We wanted (and half expected) him to be as excited as we were for her arrival. But he really could care less, so every time we said, "Do you want to see your sister?" or "Let's go look at the baby" he would act up even more. He didn't do anything to hurt her, but just did weird things, and was really loud and obnoxious. It was hard to remember that he was just trying to figure things out and didn't know how else to get his emotions out. It was hard not to get angry and frustrated with him. Thank goodness Nick was so wonderful. The two of them went on a lot of long walks around the block just to get out of the house. I think Rylan was the most mad at me. He wanted me to do everything for him, but then he'd walk up and stomp on my toes or hit me. Poor guy, he just didn't know what was all going on. Now that we've just let Mackenzie be and let Rylan instigate the interaction, he's doing much better. He's still going to daycare, so that is a blessing. Mackenzie and I get to be home all day and Rylan doesn't have his whole world turned upside-down. However, this is his last week there, so pray that he makes the transition okay. Pray that I make the transition okay!!! My mom will be here next week to help, and I can't wait, it will be wonderful to have her here.

Our little princess is just wonderful! I took her in for a weight check at 3 days old and she was 7 pounds, 14 ounces, so she had lost 9 ounces since birth, but that's normal. My milk didn't come in until that day, so now she's getting a full tummy. Her 2 week check-up is this Thursday, so we'll see how much she has grown then. She eats like a champ and has been sleeping much better lately, so that's encouraging. Sometimes she just wants to be held while sleeping, so that can be tough, but I love holding her, so it's not that bad. If she has a full tummy, she's very content to just lay there and look around and I love that! She's the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen and I can't stop looking at her! She gets the hiccups a lot and she poops like none other, but we know she's healthy and we couldn't ask for more than that!

I will post pictures from the weekend throughout the day, but I don't have a ton because Nick forgot to take our camera! I got some from his mom though, so I have some, but most are of Rylan. Well, the little miss just woke up, so I will post pictures later!

No comments: