Saturday, October 27, 2007
We'll need a new freezer soon
Nick shot a deer last Sunday. It was a 20 yard shot with his bow. He went out around 2pm and at about 6pm I got a call from him. He was whispering that he just shot a deer and I might have to come take pictures of it for him, but he would call back when he found the deer. My first though, "oh great!" Rylan was eating chicken strips, and I had meatballs in the oven for Nick and I . I am thinking how I'll have to bundle us both up, stuff Rylan in the backpack carrier, trek across a muddy field only to enter a forest where I'll have no idea how far from the tree stand this deer ran. Nick can try to give me directions, but how do you do that in the woods. Turn left at the big tree? Needless to say, I was not looking forward to it, but I would do it because it's Nick's passion and he was so excited to get one. So I cranked up the meatballs, got Rylan all fed and started getting things ready by the door. At 8:00 I decided to call Nick to see what was going on. It was dark and it was bathtime. I was prepared to give Rylan a bath and pack him up in his jammies, but was hoping I wouldn't have to. When Nick answered, he was already on his way home! He had taken pictures himself and butchered the deer in the field. So we have more meat and the head is still lying in the backyard. He's not going to mount it, but just cut the antlers off and add them to the collection we have in the garage. Someday, I want a big antler chandelier. Nick thinks it's awesome that I want this, but I'm just hoping he'll settle to have the antlers in the house, but not attached to the heads! Anyhow, here's the picture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment