Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hockey

Mackenzie decided to play hockey this year and she loved it! Here are some photos of her season.


She had the perfect hockey-player look with her missing teeth!

She even got to play at the college hockey arena - that's a big deal for these little players!  They got their names announced and everything - such a fun game!



One night her coaches hosted a parent child game at an outdoor rink followed by a pizza party - everyone had a great time!

At the outdoor game where she scored her first two goals!  No pictures or video of the actual goals, but she was SO excited about that day!





Here are some videos to see her progress.  I was first told to put her on the girls 8 and under team, but they practiced with the mites players and they all skated circles around our first year girl.  I was nervous and scared for her the whole time.  She stayed out there for the whole practice, but afterward she said she didn't have fun because everyone else was so much better than her.  So I asked if she could be switched to a termite team and it was exactly where she needed to be.
Here's her very first practice - she has a green jersey.


Here's one of the early games, she has a yellow jersey, green socks, black helmet and is #28.  

Another game a few weeks later, you can see how much faster she is.

Another from the same game.  

 A longer video Nick made of one of the last games.


I wish I had taken a short video from her very last game, she made so much progress and was so much faster at skating.  It was so much fun to see her whole team get better - they were adorable!  I'm not too thrilled about the intensity of hockey here, but it really seems she loves it, so we may be in it for the long haul.



No comments: