Sunday, September 7, 2014

School!

I have 2 kids in school all day!  How did this happen?!  Rylan started 3rd grade and Mackenzie started Kindergarten last week and things are going well!  Mackenzie was beyond excited to start school!  On the first day, she and I first walked Rylan to his classroom and then went back to hers and she told everyone we passed that it was her first day and that she was in Kindergarten now.  It was awesome!  Her excitement was contagious while I was in the school, but I choked up walking back to the car.  It was really really strange to leave the school all by myself.



I was certainly looking forward to having so much time during the day to get things done, but I really missed them last week!  I may have relaxed a little too much last week though because I was surprised how fast the days went by and how much cleaning I DIDN'T get done.  Whoops.  I have lots on my to-do list so I need to get motivated this week to get some things checked off.  Other than various projects, my goals for the days are to keep the house more clean and have meals all planned and ready so that when the kids are done with school, I really can focus just on them, their homework, and their activities.  I just need to be more organized and more prepared for every day.  It's a whole new ball game to check 2 folders every night, both will probably have homework many nights, 2 snacks, 2 lunches, different library days, different gym days, and everything else that is school related!  But, 1 week down and we're still doing well!  

This summer,  I asked both kids a bunch of questions that I've asked them in the past too.  Here are their answers.  It's been fun for me to see how they've changed from year to year.

Rylan - 8 years old - 3rd grade
1. Favorite food: tacos
2. Favorite sport: golf
3. Best TV show: Danny Phantom
4. Coolest person on Earth: Queen Elizabeth
5. Favorite thing about school: gym class
6. If I could change my name: I like my name
7. If I could go anywhere in the world: Mexico
8. Favorite color: orange
9. Favorite toy: Legos
10. When I grow up, I want to be: "Just like Daddy!"
11. Favorite movie: Star Wars
12. Favorite Song: Tonight Tonight
13. Three words that describe me: nice, funny, playful
14. When I was little, I used to: pee in the closet
15. Favorite season: fall
16. Snack I could live on: goldfish
17. One food I really don't like: eggs
18. Best friend: Kellen
19. If I had one wish, it would be: to be famous
20. My best memory: When I golfed in the Jr. tournament last year and won a ball marker and hat clip.


Mackenzie - 6 years old - Kindergarten
1. Favorite food: mac and cheese, yogurt
2. Favorite sport: skating
3. Best TV show: Octonauts
4. Coolest person on Earth: God
5. Favorite thing about school: I get to learn
6. If I could change my name: Olaf
7. If I could go anywhere in the world: to Rio 2 (the movie) 
8. Favorite color: green & blue
9. Favorite toy: Blu (stuffed parrot from Rio 2)
10. When I grow up, I want to be: vet
11. Favorite movie: Rio 2
12. Favorite Song: Let It Go from Frozen
13. Three words that describe me: friendly, smily, funny
14. When I was little, I used to: I don't know, play?
15. Favorite season: fall
16. Snack I could live on: goldfish
17. One food I really don't like: broccoli 
18. Best friend: Nora
19. If I had one wish, it would be: to have a cat 
20. My best memory:  taking a bath

(Can you tell we just saw the movie Rio 2?)

Ideally, I will start blogging more again, but I'm not promising anything!  :)



No comments: