I would like to say that this will be the first of many top ten lists, but who knows. I was cleaning up the playroom today and was thumbing through all the books we have so I picked out my top ten favorite children's books. They are in no particular order, so number 1 is not more favorite than number 10.
1. One Hungry Monster
by Susan Heyboer O'Keefe
The counting and rhyming is fun to read and the monsters' shenanigans are cute.

2. Dumpy the Dump Truck series
by Julie Andrews Edwards & Emma Walton Hamilton
There are numerous books about this lovable little dump truck and I love the vocabulary they use along with the message of helping others.

3. So Many Bunnies
by Rick Walton & Paige Miglio
A story of a mother rabbit putting her babies to bed that incorporates numbers, the alphabet and rhymes.

4. VeggieTales Bible Storybook
by Big Idea
21 favorite Bible stories told using Veggie Tales stories accompanied with scripture from the NIrV. Each story ends with "God made you special and he loves you very much!"

5. Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
by Dr. Seuss
Obviously the rhyming is fun, but so is making all the animal noises!

6. Pig's Egg
by Katherine Sully
An adorable pig thinks he lays an egg like all his friends on the farm. So sweet!

7. One Sneaky Sheep
by Janet Samuel
A fun touch-and-feel book about a sheep who doesn't want to be sheared.
8. The Easter Egg
by Jan Brett
Amazing illustrations in a book about a little bunny trying to make the perfect egg for the Easter rabbit.

9. My Penguin Osbert
by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
The sweetest story about a self-less little boy and his Christmas wish. I cried the first time I read it! I was pregnant at the time, but it's seriously so sweet!

10. Morris's Disappearing Bag
by Rosemary Wells
This was a favorite when I was growing up, but I had forgotten about it. When I found it on a garage sale, I was so excited to get to share it with my kids. And who doesn't love Morris?! :)
The first picture is the book I remember having as a kid. The second picture is the book we have now. (same story though)


One of the best things you can do for your children is read to them, so let me hear your favorite children's books!
1 comment:
Love the Top Ten list!! I thought for sure we'd have many of the same books, but we only also have Mr. Brown can Moo! Interesting, huh? Love that one, too! We'll have to check out some of your favs at our Library! : )
Post a Comment