Monday, February 14, 2011

No More Syrup

Here's a conversation Rylan and I had in the car today after preschool.  To preface the story, Rylan has 3 little cuts/owies currently. We have been harping on him to leave them alone because he likes to pick the scab and then it never heals.  This morning when I dropped him off at school, the scab on his hand was starting to peel off so I reminded him again not to touch it and to ask the teacher for a band-aid if he needed it.  So after I picked him up from school, this is the convo we had.

Rylan: Mommy, I can't have syrup anymore.
Me: Why is that? (thinking he had done something inappropriate at school)
Rylan: It gets in your cracks and rips your owies off, and then it starts bleeding again.
Me: What?
Rylan: It sticks on your owie and then it comes off and then it will never get better.
Me: Well, you can still eat syrup, you just can't get it all over your hands.
Rylan: Well....(dramatic pause)... I get messy when I eat and I just can't keep track of all this!

Oh man, he cracks me up!


Happy Valentine's Day!  My sweetie took me out to dinner and a movie.  We saw True Grit.  It wasn't really what I was expecting, but it was good.  What a talented young actress in that one!

1 comment:

JJ and EJ said...

haha, love the dramatic pause! What a silly boy!