Friday, December 25, 2009

A VERY white Christmas!

I'm not supposed to be doing this now, I'm supposed to be with my family, but alas, the weather has not cooperated, and we never even attempted the drive. It's been snowing for 2 days now, but the wind really picked up today so it's not good. I think we've only gotten around 6 inches, but with the drifting, it looks like much more. We have Nick's family in town though, so we still all got together and had a good time.

Mackenzie is not feeling well though, she spent the morning throwing up. Both her and I have changed clothes many times today. She finally stopped throwing up around 11am and fell asleep and took a good long nap, so that was good, but she's still not 100%. Poor girl! Rylan had this all on Tuesday/Wednesday, but still is not eating well and now Nick went to bed early tonight because he didn't feel well either, so pray that I don't get it!!! Who will take care of everyone if Mom gets sick?!

So needless to say, it wasn't an ideal Christmas, but we're thankful that we're not more sick and that we are safe in our nice warm home. We still ate too much today and got to spend time with family, so it's all good. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. First is after the Christmas Eve church service. (We took it at Steve and Lisa's house because their tree looks better!) Thanks for the awesome meal Lisa, we had a great time!

I took the kids sledding because even though it snowed all day, there was no wind and it was 25 degrees, so it was perfect for playing outside. I don't think Mackenzie knew what to think about being all bundled up, but she smiled the whole time we were out. We walked to the dike but only went down twice because I couldn't trudge up the hill one more time pulling 60 lbs in the sled. We had a blast though, and we all took good naps when we got home!



Mackenzie thought it was funny to keep falling out of the sled. Thank goodness she was so bundled up that she only got snow on her face a few times.

No comments: