I hope you know I'm being facetious! It seems we are entering the terrible 2's a little early, as Rylan has been throwing some tantrums lately. This morning, after numerous tries to get him in his coat and boots peacefully, I had no choice but to resort to wrestling or I would be late for work. It's never been that hard either, he was screaming and flailing! After he was dressed, he wouldn't stand up, but rolled around on the floor, still screaming. I brought my stuff out to the car and when I came back, he was at the door (still screaming) but then ran away so I had to chase him through the house to catch him. Getting into the car was no easy feat. He's much bigger and stronger than the last time he hated his car seat. I managed to keep my cool and just get him buckled. He cried all the way to daycare, but the INSTANT I opened the car door, he stopped. It was like a switch. What could I do but laugh? I was actually kind of hoping that our daycare lady would see it because she says she has only seen him crabby once. As we got into the house, he was fine until we started taking off his jacket. All of a sudden, the tantrum was back! I could barely hold him while he was flailing around, so like any good mom, I left him there screaming. On my way to work, Martie called to tell me that she had barely gotten around the corner into the living room and he stopped, so he was fine all day.
Tonight, he started having another tantrum, so again like any good mom, I took pictures to show you all!
6:34 pm

6:35 pm


5 comments:
hahahahahahahahahaha - hahahahaha, oh the little darling is testing the mind control... glad to hear that you kept your cool and than could laugh about it when the switch was flipped off.. he is so darn cute regardless!
As much as I feel bad for you, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a baby who throws those kinds of fits. Arrgh!
OMG those pictures had me laughing because he's looking right at you like, "Pay attention mommy."
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Welcome to the club!
Good thing you took pictures, every mommy needs proof! LOL He is still so adorable looking while having a fit though. Probably not fun to listen to! I hope he settles down a bit as you get a bigger belly. Cause that could turn into a problem!
Just wait until you're big & pregnant!! At least you won't have to be messing with coats & boots at that time... I think you responded perfectly, by the way. Overpowering them when necessary & ignoring them when possible. :) When you're not paying attention, it just takes all the fun out of a good temper tantrum!! :)
Post a Comment